Edit 9/8/2011: This adventure has been further updated; more about the updates can be found here.
I ran my Tallinn’s Tower adventure at my friendly local game store this past Thursday, and I thought it went pretty well. As I ran it, I made a few notes about things to improve. So, I made those improvements and have published an updated version.
The updates I made include:
- New layout; each encounter now has the description of the encounter followed by the map and the monsters (instead of having all of the maps and monsters at the end).
- Inclusion of monster stat blocks (built using Power2ool)
- Tweaked the rune trap to no longer knock PCs prone
- Changed the rune puzzle no longer require a variable number of runes depending on the party size
- Allowed the use of Arcana or Thievery to help locate the control panel in the metal maze
- Clarified that the medusa’s statues are carvings she made from petrified adventurers before later releasing them
- Clarified that the wizardess can be persuaded to restore PCs who’ve been petrified
As always, I appreciate feedback. I’m quite happy with this adventure so far and will certainly continue to refine it based on my experience and your suggestions.